From my keyboard:

I received a copy of a book of poetry recently and the page format
appeared to be a Tufte book or handout layout in landscape?

If it wasn't a Tufte layout then it was another layout in which
sidenotes were possible?

I'm not familiar with latex so it may have been a layout crafted
through that discipline.

I just thought I would put it out there to see if anyone knew how to
create a Tufte layout in landscape. Reading the Tufte information it
seems that landscape is not supported.

Not clever enough to find the answer myself.

Be well,
Charlie

        East Gippsland Wildlife Rehabilitators Inc..
                   http://www.egwildlife.com.au/

--
        Registered Linux User:- 329524

        A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single
        step. ....Lao-tzu

        Debian GNU/Linux - Magic indeed.