It could have been great if I could have pull this through. I tried the
following preamble and it ended with the error :

///////////////////////////////////

\setupThesis{

author={Sajjadul Islam},

title={Laser Sintering},

type=msc,

department=itn

}

\usepackage{rtmsc-defs}

///////////////////////////////////

And The error I got is:

///////////////////////////////////////

LaTeX Error: File `rtmsc.sty' not found.

//////////////////////////////////////

Since you already got hold of the rtthesis class you will not find anything
inside the rtthesis folder named rtthesis.sty once you unzip the folder. I
am not sure where it is pointing to by rtmsc.sty.

But I do believe that we can pull this through together. Let me describe
how i managed to insert the LaTeX .cls file into the LyX interface and you
could both address the issue .

1. I believe that you already have the rtthesis.zip file. I unzipped it
into /usr/share/tex/latex/ , create a directory called rtthesis and copied
all the files inside the newly created directory.

2. Then I ran texhash command with the root priviledge.

3. I created a rtthesis.layout file inside ~/.lyx/ and ran from LyX
interface Tools->Reconfigure.

4. Restarted Lyx and I found the rtthesis showed up.

Since then I just got the class loading properly , but still stuck with the
issue of the inserting the options from the interface either through
preamble/TeX code. Before inserting as preamble , I also tried to insert
the above code directly into the LyX interface by inserting TeX code. But
it did not help .

Thanks