On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 11:58:18AM +0000, Paul Smith wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am trying to import the file y.lyx (attached) into the file x.lyx
> (also attached) with the following command:
>
> lyx x.lyx -batch -i lyx y.lyx
>
> Unfortunately, y.lyx is not imported into x.lyx. Any ideas?

Dear Paul,

I believe that the command-line import is the analogy of the GUI File >
Import. Further, I think that if you import a document, I think it
becomes its own .lyx file. What is the GUI equivalent of what you want
to do? Perhaps Insert > File > LyX Document?

After we figure out the GUI equivalent, perhaps someone will have an
idea for how to do it on the command line.

Best,

Scott