Am 16.04.2016 um 08:58 schrieb Guenter Milde:
On 2016-04-15, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 12:02:16PM +0200, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:

but still have no access:
we@wolfgang-Mr-Whisper-Ultra-SSD-II:/mnt/sdb/we/Desktop/lyx-2.2.0rc1$
./configure
bash: ./configure: Keine Berechtigung

I have no idea why you get that error though. You should have write
access to that folder, the configure file itself is owned by you (we),
and the exec bit is set. I am stumped.
I would suggest trying to run a very simple executable:
1. create a file on your desktop called "hello" with the following contents:
-----
#!/bin/bash
echo "hello world"
-----
then run
chmod +x ./hello
./hello
Does that work?
Regardless of the above, what is the exit code after you run ./configure
?
To find that out, run the following immediately after:
echo $?
Some Linux distributions/installations prevent running of files on certain
devices, e.g. anything from an USB-stick because of security reasons.

/mnt/sdb/ looks like a removable device, so maybe you try after copying to a
hard disk or find the setting to enable executing from removable devices?

Günter

I have appended a screenshot in my last mail showing the hierarchy of myPC. I have an ssd harddisk (sda) AND a 2 TB harddisk (sdb) which serves as my home. Not sure whether this is the problem.
Wolfgang