On 16.04.2016 16:13, Richard Heck wrote:
On 04/16/2016 09:22 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:

On 16.04.2016 14:56, Richard Heck wrote:
On 04/16/2016 04:47 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:

Am 16.04.2016 um 10:42 schrieb Wolfgang Engelmann:

Am 16.04.2016 um 08:58 schrieb Guenter Milde:
On 2016-04-15, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 12:02:16PM +0200, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
but still have no access:
we@wolfgang-Mr-Whisper-Ultra-SSD-II:/mnt/sdb/we/Desktop/lyx-2.2.0rc1$

./configure
bash: ./configure: Keine Berechtigung

I have no idea why you get that error though. You should have
write access to that folder, the configure file itself is owned
by you (we), and the exec bit is set. I am stumped.
I would suggest trying to run a very simple executable:
1. create a file on your desktop called "hello" with the
following contents:
-----
#!/bin/bash
echo "hello world"
-----
then run
chmod +x ./hello
./hello
Does that work?
Regardless of the above, what is the exit code after you run
./configure
?
To find that out, run the following immediately after:
echo $?
Some Linux distributions/installations prevent running of files on
certain devices, e.g. anything from an USB-stick because of
security reasons.

/mnt/sdb/ looks like a removable device, so maybe you try after
copying to a hard disk or find the setting to enable executing
from removable devices?

Günter

I have appended a screenshot in my last mail showing the hierarchy
of myPC. I have an ssd harddisk (sda) AND a 2 TB harddisk (sdb)
which serves as my home. Not sure whether this is the problem.
Wolfgang

Forgot to say: sda and sdb are both in the PC, no external disk
switched on.
Definitely try what Scott suggested. It may be that you cannot
execute files from /mnt/sdb/.  I always disable execution from /tmp/
myself, and other systems do it for other devices. You could also try
posting here the output of "findmnt /dev/sdb/".

Richard

Tried Scotts proposals:

A.
content of the hello file:

#!/bin/bash

echo "hello world"

~/Desktop$ ls -l ./hello
-rwxr-xr-x 1 we we 31 Apr 16 10:03 ./hello

~/Desktop$ ./hello
bash: ./hello: Keine Berechtigung
So your system is prohibiting you from running executable files from
/dev/sdb/we/Desktop/. This is why even "sh configure" fails: It lets you
run configure, but you can't run the compiled test programs from that
sort of directory either.

C. tried Richards
we@wolfgang-Mr-Whisper-Ultra-SSD-II:/$ findmnt /dev/sdb/
we@wolfgang-Mr-Whisper-Ultra-SSD-II:/$
(no output)
Sorry, I should have said "findmnt /mnt/sdb/", since that is where your
home directory is mounted.

You can check what logical device the relevant directory is located on
by doing:
     > df /home/we/Desktop/
Whatever it reports is what we want to check. This is probably /dev/sdb1
or something like that. In that case, "findmnt /dev/sdb1" will likely
give you the same output as "findmnt /mnt/sdb".

You're basically looking for the "noexec" option, as here:

/home/rgheck/ > findmnt /backup
TARGET  SOURCE    FSTYPE OPTIONS
/backup /dev/sdb1 ext4   rw,noexec,noatime,data=ordered

Richard

Here it is:
$ findmnt /mnt/sdb/
TARGET   SOURCE    FSTYPE OPTIONS
/mnt/sdb /dev/sdb1 ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,data=ordered
[1]+  Fertig                  lyx

~/Desktop/lyx-2.2.0rc1$ df /home/we/Desktop/
Dateisystem     1K-Blöcke   Benutzt Verfügbar Verw% Eingehängt auf
/dev/sdb1      1922728752 983599980 841436716   54% /mnt/sdb
Wolfgang