On Fri, 1 Jul 2016 14:09:38 -0400 (EDT) Joe mentioned this:
        Re: remove word from personal dictionary.....

> It would appear that on Jul 1, Charlie did say:
>
> > There is no .dict in the whole of my /home directory.
> >
> > My spellchecker is Enchant.
> >
> > So, just to be certain as I could be. Ran a search through the
> > entire hard drive, all directories, and came up with plenty
> > of .dict - 94 in fact, but none that showed me where I might find
> > the file I need.
> >
> > I'll just have to leave it as it is unless that drop down menu holds
> > the key.
>
> Hello Charlie. I may have a scrap of information that could help
> you...
>
> I've been using LyX to write sci-fi stories for a while now and I
> needed to know where my spellchecker words were saved. So I could
> have the script that opens my story and related .lyx documents, swap
> out my regular spell checker file(s) for copies that included the
> fictional words that are part of my story just before it opens my
> story files with LyX. Then when I close that LyX session, my script
> swaps my regular spellchecker files back in, so I don't accidentally
> include one of my "fictional words" in a formal letter or something...
>
> Anyway, since my copy of LyX 2.1.4 happens to be using enchant I
> checked my script for the pathname of the file:
>
> ~/.config/enchant/en_US.dic
>
> Then I fired up LyX 2.1.4 on a test file and added the non-word
> "blablabla" to my word list, closed LyX and opened the above file
> with vim... Where I found "blablabla" at the bottom of the file:
> ~/.config/enchant/en_US.dic
>
> Needless to say, I promptly deleted that non-word from my word list.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> --
> JtWdyP

  From my keyboard:

   Hello Joe,

That does help. It's the answer. Thank you very much for taking the
time to supply it. Very much appreciated. Have removed the word. Wow.

No fictitious words in that email. :-)

For some reason I seldom think to to look in .config for various things,
unless prompted to do so. A mental block, something to do with age,
though I don't wish that to sound like an excuse.

      Thanks again,
        Charlie

        East Gippsland Wildlife Rehabilitators Inc..
                   http://www.egwildlife.com.au/

--
        Registered Linux User:- 329524

        Our moments of inspiration are not lost though we have no
        particular poem to show for them; for those experiences have
        left an indelible impression, and we are ever and anon reminded
        of them. ........Henry David Thoreau

        Debian GNU/Linux - Magic indeed.