On Fri, 1 Jul 2016 16:27:25 +0200 Stephan mentioned this:
        Re: remove word from personal dictionary.....

> Am 01.07.2016 um 15:51 schrieb Charlie <ariest...@ipstarmail.com.au>:
> >

> > On Fri, 1 Jul 2016 11:13:38 +0200 Stephan mentioned this:
> >     Re: remove word from personal dictionary.....
> >
> >> There is no dialogue. It’s a right-button-click popup-menu.
> >> See attached snapshot…

> >> It depends on the spell checker you’ve used.
> >> For hunspell and aspell it’s a file named pwl_english.dict or
> >> similar in the directory $HOME/.lyx

> >> Why not? Sometimes the concrete word matters. :)
> >
> >  From my keyboard:
> >
> >   Hello Stephan,
> >
> >      Here you have the screenshot. Did I say I was using Debian
> >      Jessie (testing)?
>
> No.
>

> > Which of those commands in the drop down menu allow me to delete a
> > word word that I used several reboots ago in my added word list.
> > It's sort of my last hope. [see below] But I can live without
> > getting that word removed.
> >
> > I did that before by the way. Checked the drop down menu, but
> > didn't see which entry to try as explained in my email.
>
> Obviously the description for personal dictionary management with LyX
> you’ve read in the LaTeX-forum is wrong for the Enchant spell checker.
>
> > There is no .dict in the whole of my /home directory.
> >
> > My spellchecker is Enchant.
>
> The enchant spell checker is another layer between LyX and the real
> function. LyX calls enchant functions. Enchant is doing what is
> configured there. Either myspell, ispell or something else.
>
> See e.g. here: http://linux.die.net/man/1/enchant
>
> According to this manual you may have a look in your home directory
> in .enchant
>
> Stephan

  From my keyboard:

   Hello Stephan,

      Thank you for your help. Had I known I should look into my
      ~/.config directory for enchant, I would have been right.

Joe had the answer and shared it. So I found the word and removed it.

My problem was not a big issue, however, just annoying to think I
couldn't grub it out when I checked my ~/.aspell.en.pws file even
before I posted my question.

Thanks both of you.

Be well,
Charlie

        East Gippsland Wildlife Rehabilitators Inc..
                   http://www.egwildlife.com.au/

--
        Registered Linux User:- 329524

        What does education often do? It makes a straight-cut ditch of
        a free, meandering brook..........Henry David Thoreau

        Debian GNU/Linux - Magic indeed.