Hi everyone, I have been a Lyx user for years. Awesome program! Every version
change has been a bit bumpy, but a reconfigure used to work. Not now. Here are
my issues, just posted on stackexchange too:

I have issues with packages with Lyx 2.2 on Windows 10. I have updated packages
on MikTex as admin, I have changed the option to ask me first instead of update
packages on the fly (even though I selected ask me first during install, it
still got set at on the fly), I have updated directories on miktex options
(admin), I have reconfigured lyx, and nothing. When I open a beamer file, it
says the beamer.cls (and set space and many others are available) and while it
asks for downloading them within lyx, they don't seem to "stick".

I have managed to compile my file by going to the Miktex package manager (as
admin) and installing manually every package that lyx complained was not
available. I get a PDF (although it complains the PDF viewer is missing...).
While it compiles, it still complains that the beamer class, xcolor, etc., are
not available when opening the file.
It seems to me something in the settings/update/confir of Lyx+Miktex is not
working. Anyone can confirm this? Any solutions? I'll try running Lyx as admin
just in case...

Thanks!

GC