Hello,

Four questions:

I'm developing a technical book in which I need to display computer code
listings with normal, bold, and strikeout  display, but this doesn't seem
possible with my version of lyx/LaTex.

I'm using:

lyx - version 2.2.3
TexLive 2015 (I think, but don't know how to check)
Ubuntu 16.04

My understanding from several hours of web search is that by moving from
TexLive to Xetex or LuaTex and specifying the fontspec package and monospace
font with normal, bold, and strikeout faces, I can solve my problem.

But this scary prospect raises questions:

1) Seems that I need to wipe out all traces of TexLive before I install either
XeTexLuaTex -- is this true?

2) Need to choose either XeTex of LuaTex -- is there a preferred choice or
relevant trade-off?

3) Will such drastic surgery put my current *.lyx file at risk?

4) Is theree a better/easier way to accomplish my goal?

Many thanks to all,

Lloyd

My books:

THE GOSPEL OF ASHES
http://thegospelofashes.com

Strength is not enough. Do they have the courage
and the cunning? Can they survive long enough to
save the lives of millions?

FREEIN' PANCHO
http://freeinpancho.com

A community of misfits help a troubled boy find his way

AYA TAKEO
http://ayatakeo.com

Star-crossed love, war and power in an alternative
universe

Available through Amazon or by request from your
favorite bookstore