Hello lyx users,

it has been brought to our(=developers) attention that downloading speed of lyx
installers might become too slow on various places over the globe. The size of
installers was steadily growing past years and 220 MB might indeed pose problem
in case users end up with connections speeds about ~10kbs...

That's why this small poll - we would be intersted to know how bad the situation
generally is -- especially outside of Europe.

If you have one minute of spare time could you download this file
ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/devel/lyx-2.3/lyx-2.3.0rc2/LyX-2.3.0rc2+qt5-x86_64-cocoa.dmg
and report:

1. time to download (/ download speed)
2. country (and/or domain) where you download from
3. whether you download from home/academic network/large company...
(you don't have to report more details than it feels comfortable...)

Both good and bad answers matter, we want to know whether this is sporadic
or widespread problem.

In case your download of the link above is more than couple seconds, it would
be useful if you also reported whether some of the mirror servers listed at
http://www.lyx.org/Download#toc11 which are closer to your geographical
location perform better.

Thanks for your time,
Pavel