From: "Scott Kostyshak" <skost...@lyx.org>
To:"LyX Users" <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent:Tue, 13 Mar 2018 18:13:35 -0400
Subject:Important poll: would this dialog be confusing?

 Dear all,

 I would appreciate your help on an issue that is holding up the
release
 of LyX 2.3.0. We are considering to add the following dialog at the
 beginning of the LyX 2.3.0 Windows installer:

 The LyX installer is going to update MiKTeX to the newest 2.9
 version. If you do not use MiKTeX with applications other than LyX,
 you likely want to choose "Continue". If you do use MiKTeX with
 other applications and do not want to update it now, or want to
 perform the update yourself, you can cancel the LyX installation
 now.

 Cancel Continue

 Do you think this dialog would be confusing for the average user?

 Thanks for your feedback,

 Scott

Email sent using Optus Webmail