Wolfgang,

this is how you may put your path to 'lyxpipe'

Michael

On 28.03.2018 19:22, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
On 03/28/2018 12:07 PM, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:

Am 28.03.2018 um 17:18 schrieb Richard Kimberly Heck:
On 03/28/2018 08:12 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
I can't find lyxpipe in the .lyx path. I would like to use jabref's
lyx export.
First, check that you have set this properly in Tools> Preferences>
Paths. Note that it may be a dotfile, in which case it is "hidden"
unless you use
"ls -a". But you can make it whatever you want.

Also, make sure you set the lyxpipe location in jabref. It is under
Options> Preferences>
External Programs, then click "Settings for LyX/Kile" and enter the full
filename.
ok, now I understand. I just have to create a file called lyxpipe with
nothing inside at the proper location and refer to it in the jabref
program. Thanks.
No. You need to tell LyX (in the preferences) where you want the pipes
to be, and
then LyX will create the pipes when it starts. You also need to tell
JabRef where
the pipes are. LyX needs to know where to read data from; JabRef needs
to know
where to write it to. You can use ~/.lyx/.lyxpipe if you like, which I
guess counts
as a default, or you can put the pipe elsewhere. It doesn't matter.

These are not normal files but "named pipes", for which see
     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Named_pipe
This is one of many forms of inter-process communication.

Riki