> On May 22, 2018, at 12:12 AM, Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org> wrote:
>
> Am Dienstag, den 22.05.2018, 09:04 +0200 schrieb Jürgen Spitzmüller:
>> One problem is that the theorems are named and defined differently to
>> those LyX supports ("theorem" and "corollary" vs. "thm" and "cor"),
>> and
>> see
>>
>> https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10432
>>
>> If I change that, it sill does not import for me, so there must be
>> another issue.
>
> It's the [section]. See attached file. This looks like a bug. Could you
> file a report, please?
>
> Jürgen
>

>> Jürgen
>>

>>> Riki
> <thtest.tex>

Jürgen and Riki -

Thanks. I will try to file the bug report.

Is there a place were one can read the requirements for a LaTex file to import
correctly? For instance most files I receive from collaborators do not have the
theorem definitions in the right form.

I think LyX is a great tool, both for learning LaTex and doing serious writing.
However none of my 70 coauthors have used it, and except for my current
students, I know of nobody in my department who uses it. I think the greatest
obstacle to wider use is that Tex2LyX does not work reliably. By the nature of
the task, Tex2LyX is trying to convert files that were not written for LyX, so
requiring special forms of LaTex devalues the program.  When I collaborate I
end up using LaTex instead of LyX most of the time or using LyX to create LaTex
segments to cut and paste. One of the first big advantages of LyX is that you
get structure for your document with numbered theorems, etc. It would be nice
for demonstration/advertising purposes if this always worked.

Hal