On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 02:54:25AM +0000, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:

> then it is not easy. So, in all honestly, we would not advertise that
> LyX allows one to collaborate with someone using raw LaTeX.

+1 we would all love for LyX to seamlessly import LaTeX, but it is just
way too complicated of an issue. I also recommend that when
collaborating, you should use the same set of tools. Although LyX
exports LaTeX, it is not a LaTeX editor.

As Riki mentioned, there are continued improvements. see the "tex2lyx"
section of the following for recent improvements that will be in LyX's
2.3.1 release:

https://www.lyx.org/trac/browser/lyxgit/status.23x?rev=2.3.x

Best,

Scott