I recently reinstalled my Linux system (Mandrake 7.2) and now cannot
reinstall LyX.  I've tried 1.1.6.fix1, which comes up OK but gives me no
menus, and 1.1.6-pre3, which crashes on opening, saying it can't read the
article class.  I've tried different versions of xforms (0.8.8 and 0.8.9)
with no effect.  Presumably I've ommitted some package that should be there
or installed something which conflicts, but I have no idea what.  Could it be
the result of doing the install in Turkish, and is there any way I can fix it?

Robin