On 09/24/2018 02:22 PM, Patrick Dupre wrote:
Hello,

I have a file that I created with yje class revtex 4.1
Then, I changed to elsevier

At the same time it change the bibliography style
Here is the difference:

< \textclass revtex4-1
---
\textclass elsarticle
< \cite_engine_type default
---
\cite_engine_type authoryear
This creates real problems when I compile.
Hence, I returned to revtex 4.1
but lyx keeps the bibliography style

< \cite_engine_type default
< \biblio_style plain
---
\cite_engine_type authoryear
\biblio_style plainnat
There is no way to get rid of the plainnat (and go back to plain)
Actually, when I try to change it to plan, it seems that it is done, but it is
never really applied.

Question.
How can I return to plan style, without the variant Author-year?
Actually, I cannot remove this option.

It seems that this issue appears with version 2.3.0 (I am still using it
because,
it has not been updated by fedora 28).

Thank.

The layout files for both revtex4-1 and elsarticle specify use of natbib. For revtex4-1, at least, I can propose a fix. In Document > Settings, go to Local Layout, enter "Provides natbib-internal 0" (without the quotes), validate and then apply it. Still in the settings dialog, go to Bibliography and switch the Style format drop-down (which should now give you several choices).

This does not work with elsarticle. I suspect it is because the layout file for elsarticle specifies natbib.sty as a class option. Someone who knows more about this than I do may know a way to override that in Local Layout, but I don't. Another possibility, if you really want to use elsarticle, is to copy the layout file to your local layouts folder, open it in a text editor, and strip out any references to natbib. You might also want to give it a different file name and a different name in the \DeclareLaTeXClass command (such as "My Elsevier") to distinguish it from the original.

Paul