On 31/10/2018 15:10, Bernt Lie wrote:
Yes, I confirm that this fixes the problem:
* In "Documents > Settings... > Formats", I change "Default output set to" from
"PDF(XeTeX)" to "Default".
NOTE: this does not have immediate affect! I need to:
* save the document with this settings change,
* close LyX,
* open LyX
* open the changed document

You don't have to close LyX if you save under a new file name or? At least I don't have to in order to see the effect.

I'm curious:
* why on earth should the behavior in LyX be related to the chosen output
format?
* does changing from "PDF(XeTeX)" to "Default" have any side effects?

I don't know. But since this behaviour seems like a bug, I'll forward it to the developers. Here is a short summary:

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached file.
2. Set Preview to "On".

Actual result:
- The ΓΈ is omitted in the preview but not in the output.

Expected result:
- It is not omitted in both

Daniel