On Wed, 5 Dec 2018, Rich Shepard wrote:

I have this worked out ... mostly. Somehow, between saving the file and
logging out last evening and logging in and loading the file this morning
the frame separations were lost.

  Thanks for the remider, Paul. I have the speaker's notes issue resolved. I
built and installed pdfjam
<https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/statistics/staff/academic-research/firth/software/pdfjam>
has a good review. Using pdfjam-slides6up produced pages with three
slide/note pairs on each landscape-oriented page. A tool worth adding to
your PDF toolbox.

My most recent post this afternoon explains how I fixed the problem:
using ctrl-alt-Enter put in the end{frame} separators except on the frame
with a PDF image. I cannot get the frame end entered so the frame title is
on one slide and the image on the following slide. How this all happened
is a mystery; what I need to learn is how to get the image displayed on
the slide with the frame title.

  This is now fixed, too. Rather than futzing with adding \end{frame} to
that frame I created a new frame above it (which included the frame end
mark), added the title and image to it, and deleted the recalcitrant frame.
All's well now.

Regards,

Rich