Hello,

I am trying to code a module that allocates a variable in the
preamble. More specifically, I am using a package that requires to
allocate a variable in the preamble. For example, if the package is
called "thepackage" and the variable is called "myvariable" my LaTeX
code is:

\documentclass{book}
\makeatletter
\usepackage{thepackage}
\myvariable{Some stuff here}
\makeatother
\begin{document}
\end{document}

I know how to define an environment using a module, but that just
includes the definition of the environment in the preamble. I also
tried to use the option

InPreamble 1

but that doesn't seem to work. What I am looking for is a LyX
layout/style where I can write "Some stuff here", and that this shows
up in the preamble as \myvariable{Some stuff here}.

Right now, I am doing this using ERT boxes and the "title and preamble
hacks" module. I have more than one of those custom variables, so
editing a large ERT box(es) becomes tedious in LyX. Any ideas?