On 2/28/19 8:24 AM, Maria Gouskova wrote:
Hi all,

Hopefully a quickie--I cannot tell if it's an OS issue or a LyX GUI
issue. I'm on Linux Mint Sarah, LyX 2.3.2. When I go to
File>Import>LaTeX (plain), and the LaTeX file type is chosen in the
drop-down menu in the file open dialog, no .tex files show up. All
files (including .tex ones) are visible when I choose "All Files".

And unrelatedly, in the Export As dialog, the drop-down file type menu
has a number of duplicates: six different LaTeX options, unlabeled,
four Plain Texts, and several Open Documents.

Maria
I'm on my laptop now, which is running a newer version of Mint (19.1 Tessa) than my desktop but the same desktop environment (MATE) and the same version of LyX (2.3.2, installed from Liviu's repo), and on my laptop I see the same phenomenon that you do. Not only does the file dialog not show the .tex files, the layout of the dialog matches your screen shot (and not my screen shot from Sylvia).

As time permits, I'll try to run the desktop and laptop side by side and see if I can figure out where the difference occurs.

Paul