On 3/1/19 2:08 AM, Kornel Benko wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 28. Februar 2019 23:22:06 CET schrieb Paul A. Rubin
<parubi...@gmail.com>:
On 2/28/19 5:48 PM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Le 28/02/2019 à 21:58, Paul A. Rubin a écrit :
I'm on my laptop now, which is running a newer version of Mint (19.1
Tessa) than my desktop but the same desktop environment (MATE) and
the same version of LyX (2.3.2, installed from Liviu's repo), and on
my laptop I see the same phenomenon that you do. Not only does the
file dialog not show the .tex files, the layout of the dialog matches
your screen shot (and not my screen shot from Sylvia).

As time permits, I'll try to run the desktop and laptop side by side
and see if I can figure out where the difference occurs.
Could it be a metter of using native file dialogs or not? This is the
newish \use_native_filedialog setting in preferences (or in lyxrc.dist).

Sorry, I cannot check right now.

JMarc

JMarc:

Where would I find that setting. I don't see it anywhere in the
preferences dialog, and it's not in any file I can find.
In preferences add the line
        \use_native_filedialog false
or
        \use_native_filedialog true

Paul
        Kornel

JMarc and Kornel (and Riki and Scott on the dev list): Thanks. This has no effect on my desktop, but eliminates the symptoms on the laptop.

Maria and John: If you care to, try adding "\use_native_dialog false" to ~/.lyx/preferences and see if that helps. It fixed my laptop.

Paul