Am 21.03.2019 um 08:05 schrieb Reuven Segev:

I would like to know whether you are going to offer updates for
LyXWinInstaller, or should the users download the new versions from the
lyx.org <http://lyx.org> website?

Dear Reuven,

I almost left LyX because the idea was to provide an installer that
allows average PC users to use LyX not only users with computer
background knowledge.
Unfortunately non-Windows developers thought that users must need to
learn about how LaTeX works before they can install LyX.
This contradicted my concept.

Recently I invested some time to have a look at the installer and fixed
some bugs. It was also possible to fix a crash bug in MiKTeX which
prevented new installations of LyX. The fixed MiKTeX version was
released on Saturday so I think I could release another LyXWinInstaller.

However to be able to install LyX without the crash, MiKTeX must be
updated by the installer and this is what the other LyX developer forbid
me. (Just to please some expert users, the majority has to suffer,
argh.) So in effect I cannot release any official LyX installer anymore.

Note that with the installer you find on http://lyx.org you must have
the knowledge how LyX works, that you need to install LaTeX
distribution, what a distribution is and that the distribution has a
package concept, what a package is and how the distribution you
installed handles packages and how packages and the distribution itself
is updated.
This is is a lot of required knowledge and I already got feedback that
users struggle to update MiKTeX on their own.
Besides this the installer at http://lyx.org doesn't provide up to date
third-party programs, got no bugfixes and is not digitally signed as
required nowadays for Windows 10.

regards Uwe