Am 18.08.2019 um 09:03 schrieb Matthias Görlach <matthias.goerl...@t-online.de>:

> sorry, stephan,
>
> not sure if i put you addressee yesterday (only see cc, no "to") - here the
> mail meant for you and riki.

Hi Matthias,

the start of the configure run looks normal. But the end is not ok.

Your configure log ends with:
INFO: +Indexing TeX files...
INFO: Indexing files of type cls
Indexing files of type sty
Indexing files of type bst
Indexing files of type bib
Indexing files of type bbx
Indexing files of type cbx
INFO:    done
DEBUG: Removing file lyxmodules.lst
DEBUG: Removing file chkmodules.tex
INFO: +checking list of modules...
INFO: /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/layouts/algorithm2e.module

Mine has these contents:
INFO: +Indexing TeX files...
INFO: Indexing files of type cls
Indexing files of type sty
Indexing files of type bst
Indexing files of type bib
Indexing files of type bbx
Indexing files of type cbx
INFO:    done
DEBUG: Removing file lyxmodules.lst
DEBUG: Failed to remove file chkmodules.tex
INFO: +checking list of modules...
INFO: /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/layouts/fixme.module
INFO: /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/layouts/pdfform.module
INFO: /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/layouts/sweave.module
INFO: /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/layouts/paralist.module
INFO: /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/layouts/subequations.module
INFO: /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/layouts/algorithm2e.module
INFO: /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/layouts/endnotes.module
INFO: /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/layouts/fixltx2e.module
INFO: /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/layouts/theorems-chap.module
INFO:
/Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/layouts/theorems-ams-chap-bytype.module
INFO:    done
DEBUG: Removing file lyxciteengines.lst
DEBUG: Failed to remove file chkciteengines.tex
INFO: +checking list of cite engines...
INFO: /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/citeengines/basic.citeengine
INFO: /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/citeengines/natbib.citeengine
INFO: /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/citeengines/jurabib.citeengine
INFO: /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/citeengines/biblatex.citeengine
INFO:
/Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/citeengines/biblatex-natbib.citeengine
INFO:    done
DEBUG: Removing file xtemplates.lst
INFO: +checking list of external templates...
INFO: /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/xtemplates/gnumeric.xtemplate
INFO: /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/xtemplates/inkscape.xtemplate
INFO: /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/xtemplates/chess.xtemplate
INFO: /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/xtemplates/pdfpages.xtemplate
INFO: /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/xtemplates/raster_image.xtemplate
INFO:
/Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/xtemplates/vector_graphics.xtemplate
INFO: /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/xtemplates/xfig.xtemplate
INFO: /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/xtemplates/lilypond.xtemplate
INFO: /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/xtemplates/dia.xtemplate
INFO:    done
INFO: checking LaTeX configuration...  auto
DEBUG: Failed to remove file chkconfig.classes
DEBUG: Failed to remove file chkconfig.vars
DEBUG: Failed to remove file chklayouts.tex
DEBUG: Failed to remove file wrap_chkconfig.ltx
INFO: +Inspecting your LaTeX configuration.
INFO: +checking for LaTeX version... 2015/01/01
INFO: +checking for available hyphenation patterns...
INFO: +checking for default encoding (this may take a long time)
INFO: +  checking for ec fonts... yes
INFO: +  checking for ec support in LaTeX format... yes
INFO: +  default encoding will be set to T1
INFO: +checking for package a0poster [a0poster]... no

and so on.

Obviously the result of the configure run on your system is incomplete
and cannot be used by LyX. The got an idea what is going wrong you may
start an explicit configure run in terminal.

The command used by LyX is:

python -tt /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/configure.py
--with-version-suffix=-2.3 --binary-dir=/Applications/LyX.app/Contents/MacOS/

Perhaps it makes a difference.

Stephan