On 8/19/19 6:01 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
On Mon, 19 Aug 2019, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

I'm not sure how you got even more whitespace above the logo, but in any
case 145 for top y strikes me as too big.

Here's my version (edited LyX file and exported PDF). Notable changes I made:

* I changed the graphic path to a relative path to the enclosed PDF
  image. (Your MWE included the image but the graphic path was an
  absolute path on your system.)
* I changed the top right y value. You can go a bit smaller than what
  I put in, but not much. Note that this screws up the preview in the
  LyX window, but as you can see the image looks okay in the PDF output.
* There was still more whitespace above the logo than seemed
  reasonable to me, which is likely some KOMA setting. I don't use
  KOMA, so I cheated and stuck in some negative vertical space above
  the image. Feel free to adjust or omit.
* This gets the image, title and date on the same page, but the
  content still starts on page 2. Again, that's probably a KOMA thing.

Paul,

It's an issue with lyx-2.3.3 on the Ryzen7 desktop. See the PDF in the
attached tarball. (I recompiled and reinstalled the application but it made
no difference.)

Looking at the .lyx file I saw the page size in the preamble still at 6.5" width x 9.5" height despite the setting having the US Letter box checked and
the other values greyed out. I removed those values and the lyx file
preamble now shows paperletter for the size.

I also removed the custom margins (despite the 'use default' checkbox being
checked) and now I don't see specific margins in the .lyx file

The compiled PDF has the letterhead, title, author, date, and introduction
all on page 1. But, the text width and height are those of a 6" x 9" book
layout, not letter size layout.

I'm not seeing the reason why.

Regards,

Rich
Rich,

The "Default margins" setting means use /class/ defaults, not paper size defaults. The user guide claims that KOMA Script formats will calculate margins based on paper size, but if that is happening (iffy) it is not proving helpful. I manually put 1" margins all around and compiled, and it looks correct (or at least better) to my somewhat noncritical eye.

Paul