el,

Any chance that you could attach a .lyx file with an short example of how the
preamble would look?  For lazy latex newbies like me.  If this would take too
much
time, forget this request.  I will probably eventually learn enough myself.  Or
I could
probably pigeon-hole my college professor latex-expert son-in-law when I visit
them
over Christmas.

John