On 10/27/19 9:57 AM, Joel Kulesza wrote:
I have a colleague with whom I would like to write a book chapter. I am under
Linux, he uses Windows. Is the following advice sufficient or should I mention
more points?

Lyx for windows
https://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/Windows

1- Installing TeXLive for Windows over Internet
https://www.tug.org/texlive/acquire-netinstall.html
use Custom install
and follow the proposal below the Texlive 2018 figure
Click install texlive
This is the same advice I’d give. However, I’ve generally had bad luck
successfully installing TeXLive on Windows and still usually end up with
MiKTeX.  You might want to be prepared for this contingency.

- Joel
I am working with a coauthor on a paper, both using LyX. I'm on Linux + TeXLive; she's on Windows + MikTeX. We have had no problems with the collaboration, including using the change tracking features. So I agree with Joel that there is no need to mess with TeXLive on the Windows platform (where MikTeX is the more typical choice). Both parties just need to be sure they have any required packages installed.

Paul