On 7/21/20 9:13 PM, Charlie wrote:
        Thoughts from my Keyboard:

        Hello Everyone,

Using LyX Version 2.3.5.2 Debian Bullseye [testing] upgraded.

In a document attempted to use double quote marks " by Shift + " keys,
and only single quote marks ' were placed.

Read something on the net regarding Ctrl + " which didn't work.

So tried Ctrl + Shift " which did. I haven't come across this before
and wondered if it is my keyboard or is this what LyX does now? If the
latter, where can I read about such changes in the future?

Thank you,
Charlie

                East Gippsland Wildlife Rehabilitators Inc..
                                http://www.egwildlife.com.au/

If you navigate to Tools > Preferences... > Editing > Shortcuts and look up the "quote-insert" function, what does it show? For me, it shows the double quote symbol ("). If you have something else, try replacing it with the double quote character.

Paul