Paul A. Rubin informed me regarding: Re: Double quote
        marks........... on Tue, 21 Jul 2020 23:08:22 -0400

> On 7/21/20 9:13 PM, Charlie wrote:
> >     Thoughts from my Keyboard:
> >
> >     Hello Everyone,
> >
> > Using LyX Version 2.3.5.2 Debian Bullseye [testing] upgraded.
> >
> > In a document attempted to use double quote marks " by Shift + "
> > keys, and only single quote marks ' were placed.
> >
> > Read something on the net regarding Ctrl + " which didn't work.
> >
> > So tried Ctrl + Shift " which did. I haven't come across this before
> > and wondered if it is my keyboard or is this what LyX does now? If
> > the latter, where can I read about such changes in the future?
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Charlie
> >
> >             East Gippsland Wildlife Rehabilitators Inc..
> >                             http://www.egwildlife.com.au/
> >

> If you navigate to Tools > Preferences... > Editing > Shortcuts and
> look up the "quote-insert" function, what does it show? For me, it
> shows the double quote symbol ("). If you have something else, try
> replacing it with the double quote character.
>
> Paul
<snip>

        Replied thus:

        Thank you Paul,

Under:

"Cursor, mouse and editing functions" I find:

quote-insert                  "
quote-insert inner      Alt+"
quote-insert outer auto plain Ctrl+"

Lyx certainly doesn't obey these.

Don't know how to modify the latter one to just have ["] as the first.

I may have to delete the key to make that work, but am unsure if it
hits the fan that I can get it back, or if it will obey that shortcut
as it doesn't the first one?

Thank you for pointing me to this. Have never had cause to look there.

Be well,

--
        Registered Linux User:- 329524

        When we tug at a single thing in nature, we find it attached to
        the rest of the world. ----John Muir, early 1830's.