Às 19:34 de 14/08/20, Paul A. Rubin escreveu:
On 8/14/20 11:28 AM, Jose Ramom Flores das Seixas wrote:

Hi:

I take a long time without using /LyX/, but my package manager has been updating lyx when new versions come out. Nowadays, I have installed version 2.3.5.2 (OS: Ubuntu 18.04).

Today I tried to edit a file, with lyxformat 544, but /LyX/ tells me a module is missing. Looking at the module dialogue I found that no module is available.

I've checked that the standard module files are in /usr/share/lyx/layouts, and besides them I have some other modules in ~/.lyx/layouts.

When I run /LyX/ from a terminal I can notice the following error:

UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xa9 in position 395: invalid start byte support/Systemcall.cpp (276): Systemcall: 'python -tt "/usr/share/lyx/configure.py" --binary-dir="/usr/bin/"' finished with exit code 1

LyX: Done!

Finally, when executing *Reconfigure*, an error dialog appears with the following message:

The system reconfiguration has failed.

Default textclass is used but LyX may

not be able to work properly.

Please reconfigure again if needed.

I've run *Reconfigure* several times, but the modules still don't appear.Any leads on what's not going well?

Cheers

Ramom

It would be nice to know if the alleged non-UTF8 character is in configure.py or in some file it is trying to read.

I've attached configure.py from my system (Linux Mint 19.3). You might start by comparing it to the one on your system (in /usr/share/lyx) using diff, meld or whatever tool you prefer. If there is a discrepancy, try reconfiguring using my copy.

The files are identical.

If there's no difference in the script files, I would suggest trying to run the configuration script directly in a terminal (python -tt "/usr/share/lyx/configure.py" --binary-dir="/usr/bin/"). If you get the same error message, check ~/.lyx/configure.log to see if you can figure out where the error occurred, and maybe post the log here.

Paul

There was a problem checking the layouts in ".lyx/layouts", since the configure.log stops in the first module:

   INFO: layouts/LB--AllowRaggedBottoms.module

Thanks very much,

Ramom