Às 16:23 de 15/08/20, Jose Ramom Flores das Seixas escreveu:

-------- Mensagem reencaminhada --------
Assunto:        Re: no modules availables
Data:   Sat, 15 Aug 2020 15:56:29 +0200
De: Jose Ramom Flores das Seixas <jose.ramom.flores.das.sei...@gmail.com>
Para:   José Abílio Matos <jama...@lyx.org>

Às 23:37 de 14/08/20, José Abílio Matos escreveu:

On Friday, 14 August 2020 16.28.22 WEST Jose Ramom Flores das Seixas wrote:

> Hi:

> I take a long time without using LyX, but my package manager has been

> updating lyx when new versions come out. Nowadays, I have installed version

> 2.3.5.2 (OS: Ubuntu 18.04).

> Today I tried to edit a file, with lyxformat 544, but LyX tells me a module

> is missing. Looking at the module dialogue I found that no module is

> available.

> I've checked that the standard module files are in /usr/share/lyx/layouts,

> and besides them I have some other modules in ~/.lyx/layouts.

> When I run LyX from a terminal I can notice the following error:

> UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xa9 in position 395:

> invalid start byte support/Systemcall.cpp (276): Systemcall: 'python -tt

> "/usr/share/lyx/configure.py" --binary-dir="/usr/bin/"' finished with exit

> code 1

> LyX: Done!

From experience this means that you have a old layout file or module that have an encoding that is not utf-8. In your case I assume that the culprit is either in latin1 or latin9 (the difference between those is the presence/absence of the euro sign).

Also I thought that we had fixed all the remainder errors like this in 2.3.5.2

So my suggestion is to go to your personal lyx directory and check the encoding of file. By default in linux the location of the personal directory is ~/.lyx. You can see this in LyX using the menu: Help->About LyX->Version and see the User dir entry there.

Using the shell in my case I have:

$ cd ~/.lyx

$ file bind/*

bind/user.bind: ASCII text

My suggestion is to check the layouts directory that could be the likely source of the problem:

$ file layouts/*

You got it right, as I had several old modules from Editorium <http://www.editorium.com/lyxconverter.htm> of type:

    Non-ISO extended-ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators

I have converted them to

    UTF-8 Unicode text

and now configure.py recognizes all the modules.

On the other hand, executing *Reconfigure* inside LyX no longer gives an error message.

However, it still does not recognize Inkscape, even though it is installed. So in the log file the following is listed:

    INFO: checking for a SVG -> PDFTeX converter...INFO: +checking for
    "inkscape"... no

The problem with Inkscape was that I had installed it as a flatpak package. I've removed it and installed the deb package and now all seem OK.

Cheers

Ramom