Am Sonntag, den 20.09.2020, 12:27 -0400 schrieb Richard Kimberly Heck:
> The file #DCHT_2020_v5.lyx# looks like some kind of lockfile or
> tracking file that Dropbox writes (maybe hidden), though that's only
> a guess.

Hm, to me, this rather looks like a LyX autosave file (as generated
by Buffer::getAutosaveFileName()).

Maybe LyX attempts to remove or move that (e.g.,
Buffer::moveAutosaveFile() is called by Buffer::saveAs()) and Dropbox
does not appreciate that.

I don't know if you can specify file patterns to ignore from Dropbox
syncing (as you can with nextcloud), but if so, the easisest solution
would probably be to exclude *.lyx# files from syncing.

Jürgen