On Fri, 4 May 2001 09:52:00 +0200 (MET DST) wrote Jean-Pierre.Chretien
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> >>Have you tried
> >>
> >>ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/biblio/bibtex/utils/bibtool.tar.gz   ?
> >>

> Don't need a GUI there, it's mostly for automated reference management,
> so batch work is needed.

Then I deepley recommend taking the effort and install BibTool

> >>Another (faster) possibility would be tkbibtex:
>
> Very fast really, and needed to feed the LyX pipe I guess ?

Actually, when running, tkbibtex is _not_ fast. Parsing an annotated
database with 500 entries (including many abstracts) takes ~1 min. For
reasonably small databases it is however very handy. And, it has the Push to
LyX feature, so if you don't remember the key for the citation you'd like to
insert -- open tkbibtex, search, mark and push to LyX.

Have fun

guenter

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]