On Mon, 11 Oct 2021, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

I'm not sure there has been any replacement. I've used "apalike" in the
past, but I think the package that is specifically designed to match APA
requirements is "apacite". I've got both of them in 2.6.3.1.

Paul,

Could be. Actually, I don't know why that document showed APA as the
bibliography file style since I've been using authordate4 for years.

Regardless, now I've hit a bibliography glitch that's new for me. I use
JabRef for my scientific publications database and it's set to use BibLaTeX.

In Settings -> Bibliography the style format is Biblatex (natbib mode),
variant authoryear; biblatex citation style is authoryear; biblatex
bibliography style is authoryear.

Using Insert -> List/ToC -> Bib(la)tex bibliography I put the bibliography
toward the end of the document (ahead of the Appendix). The bibliography
shows up in the Navigate menu, but not in the complied PDF.

Always, before the current document, when I selected that database in the
grey bibliography link and set the style as authoryear4 the citations
transferred from JabRef to LyX were of the form, AuthorYEAR, and clicking on
that grey box allowed me to select whether it was surrounded by parentheses,
had a comma separating author and year, and other styles. Now I get choices
of only #ID or Key.

I assume that I'm missing something or have made an incorrect choice
somewhere and I'd appreciate someone passing me a cluestick so I can fix
this issue.

Regards,

Rich