On Tue, 12 Oct 2021, Rich Shepard wrote:

More importantly, that article is not cited in the document; the only two
citations from JabRef refer to salmon migration.

And I forgot to mention that there's no Bibliography in the PDF.

Also, the changes I made to the bibliography settings took effect after I
closed LyX yesterday and opened it again this morning. The remaining issue
is why there's no Bibliography with the two (current) citations and why
biblatex complains about a JabRef entry not used in this document.

Rich