On 11/25/21 8:49 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
Hi all,

No matter what I've tried, Ctrl+R and the little eyeballs icon displays
the PDF version of the document only in qpdfview. I changed
tools=>preferences=>output=>general=>PDF Command to
mupdf "$$o#src:$$f:$$n:0"
and yet still, the eyeballs and Ctrl+R display in qpdfview.

Why this matters is, alone in all my PDF viewers, qpdfview displays
links with annoying boxes around them, even though I did:

\usepackage{hyperref }%          Colored, clickable URLs
\hypersetup{
   hidelinks = true,
   colorlinks   = true, %Colours links instead of ugly boxes
   urlcolor     = linkcolor, %Colour for external hyperlinks
   linkcolor    = linkcolor, %Colour of internal links
   citecolor   = green %Colour of citations
}

So, how does one set the viewer when presses Ctrl+R or clicks the
eyeballs?

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
Try Tools > Preferences... > File Handling > File Format, select in the "Format:" box the way you compile to PDF (so "PDF (pdflatex)" for me, since I'm old fashioned), then select your preferred PDF viewer in the "Viewer:" menu and click OK. If your preferred viewer is not there, select "Custom" and put the command to run the viewer in the box alongside the menu.