On 11/27/21 4:44 PM, Steve Litt wrote:

Armed with the knowledge that reconfigure.py writes to lyxrc.defaults,
and the fact that I could find no other way to change the PDF viewer, I
edited reconfigure.py, changing the order of the viewers in the array
argument to subroutine CheckViewer(), *only* for a filetype of PDF.
Sure enough it worked, giving me the first viewer, in the array, that
was on my path.

Was that viewer mupdf? Since the config script looks for mupdf and apparently wasn't finding it (?), I'm wondering if the problem isn't something to do with your command path.

Paul