On Wednesday, 2 February 2022 08.48.18 WET Wolfgang Engelmann via lyx-users
wrote:
> I use lyx 2.4.0dev (Debian)
> starting lyx from a terminal, selecting a certain document and trying to
> view it by export pdflua
> leads to this in the terminal
>
> wolfgang@Fuji:~/Dokumente/PUBLIKATIONEN-EIGENE/A-SP-2022$ lyx
> qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 5 (BadAtom), sequence: 597,
> resource id: 0, major code: 20 (GetProperty), minor code: 0
> Warning: Failed to produce 1 preview snippet(s)
> /usr/include/c++/10/bits/stl_stack.h:274: void std::stack<_Tp,
> _Sequence>::pop() [with _Tp = int; _Sequence = std::__debug::deque<int,
> std::allocator<int> >]: Assertion '__builtin_expect(!this->empty(),
> true)' failed.
> Abgebrochen
> wolfgang@Fuji:~/Dokumente/PUBLIKATIONEN-EIGENE/A-SP-2022$
>
> I had reported before under
>   lyx 2.4.0dev crashes
> and wonder whether it is the same issue.
>
> What should I do?
> Compile the 2.4 anew (in case it has changed in the meantime)?
>
> This error does not happen with other lyx documents which I tried
>
> Wolfgang
>
> p.s. if I compile lyx again, should I use
> ./configure --enable-debug
> since I am not familiar with gdb?

Usually this type of discussion are more appropriate in lyx-devel mailing
list.

With that said if you use --enable-debug use also --enable-stdlib-debug that
it will help as well.

As usual with bug reports it helps to find, when possible, a minimal working
example.

Regards,
--
José Abílio