On 6/15/22 13:19, Rudi Gaelzer wrote:
I'm trying to open a LyX file with an older format:
\lyxformat 508

But I got the error message: LyX: Conversion script failed
It says that the lyx2lyx script failed to convert the document.

What should I do in this case?
You can try running lyx2lyx on the source file from the command line, using one or more options. The -v option makes output "verbose", which might include specifics about the error. The -n option tells it to ignore any conversion errors, after which you could try opening the resulting file and see if (a) it opens and (b) if so, does any of the content appear to be missing or screwed up.

Paul