On terça-feira, 21 de junho de 2022 13:27:12 -03 José Abílio Matos wrote:

> This is problematic on so many levels. :-)
> Notice that your python2 is using python3's standard library and so the
> disaster is unavoidable.
>
> Something is wrong with your python2 installation because that should not
> happen in a regular Fedora installation. I am not even sure if that could
> have been caused by setting PYTHONPATH...
>
> I have just tested a similar call like the one above and it works for me.
>
> One way to solve the problem in lyx is to install the
> python-unversioned-command package.
> That will make /usr/bin/python point to python3 because currently lyx is
> getting python2 as the python version and thus the error that you get. But
> again in this case this is just a workaround the problem that you have.
>
> I hope that this helps.

There was indeed a conflict between two python distributions installed in my
system: the distribution from Fedora and Intel python.  This is also related
to my other thread (Support for xfig graphics).
I removed the intel distribution and now it seems that everything is working
as it should.

Thank you.
--
Rudi Gaelzer