Lorenzo Bertini said on Mon, 11 Jul 2022 04:01:06 +0200

[About the idea of a compilation shellscript, Lorenzo said...]

>A solution of this kind could work well, but remove the thing that
>makes LyX so convenient: one click compile and show.

I can't speak for Windows, but in Linux I use shellscripts to compile
all my books, and it works perfectly. I just run the shellscript and it
runs lualatex, and watermarks my PDF. It could just as easily run a
postprocessor. If I wanted to make it "one click", I'd just assign it
an icon on my desktop.

I hear Windows has Powerscript now.

> We really need a
>robust LyXHTML output, and I don't think it's that far away.
>
>Right now the devs lack the manpower to tackle LyXHTML problems fully,
>but I believe it's also a matter of demand. It's nice to see there are
>people on lyx-users asking about it.

If manpower's so short and it's moving so slowly, perhaps we should just
fix things post-conversion. I have about 3 hours a week to devote to it,
and I'm pretty conversant with the xml.etree.ElementTree XML parser for
Python. It sounds like you know what should go in an HTML/ePub
document. If we get a couple more people with Python and document
expertise, we could fix this, as long as the LyX->HTML export remains
well-formed XML.

I bet maybe four of us could get this done in 3 months, no C++ required.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Summer 2022 featured book: Making Mental Models: Advanced Edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mmm