Il 11/07/22 09:24, Steve Litt ha scritto:
Lorenzo Bertini said on Mon, 11 Jul 2022 04:01:06 +0200

[About the idea of a compilation shellscript, Lorenzo said...]

A solution of this kind could work well, but remove the thing that
makes LyX so convenient: one click compile and show.

I can't speak for Windows, but in Linux I use shellscripts to compile
all my books, and it works perfectly. I just run the shellscript and it
runs lualatex, and watermarks my PDF. It could just as easily run a
postprocessor. If I wanted to make it "one click", I'd just assign it
an icon on my desktop.

I'm on linux too, but what i meant was that sometimes it's nice to only have to use the "eyes" button in the top right.

I hear Windows has Powerscript now.

We really need a
robust LyXHTML output, and I don't think it's that far away.

Right now the devs lack the manpower to tackle LyXHTML problems fully,
but I believe it's also a matter of demand. It's nice to see there are
people on lyx-users asking about it.

If manpower's so short and it's moving so slowly, perhaps we should just
fix things post-conversion. I have about 3 hours a week to devote to it,
and I'm pretty conversant with the xml.etree.ElementTree XML parser for
Python. It sounds like you know what should go in an HTML/ePub
document. If we get a couple more people with Python and document
expertise, we could fix this, as long as the LyX->HTML export remains
well-formed XML.

I bet maybe four of us could get this done in 3 months, no C++ required.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Summer 2022 featured book: Making Mental Models: Advanced Edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mmm

Sorry, but I would much prefer to just work on the code, this seems to me not necessarily easier than fixing LyX directly, which would be the preferred solution in the long run.

Lorenzo