Am 13.07.22 um 18:09 schrieb Neal Becker:

On Wed, Jul 13, 2022 at 8:26 AM Herbert Voss <herbert.v...@fu-berlin.de <mailto:herbert.v...@fu-berlin.de>> wrote:

    Wolfgang,

    it does not reallly make sense to use the dvi export nowadays.
    It is an intermediate file format for TeX but for lualatex superfluous.

As mentioned in a recent mail:
The reason I tried the dvi export was the following:
I use pyxplot (similar to gnuplot) for plotting diagrams in lyx documents. I lately found in running pyxplot this error:
file 'E030N.plot':59: Internal error: dvi file does not exist!
Therefore I thought to try a dvi file from lyx and got this error:
Okular kann nicht alle Schriftdateien finden, die zur Anzeige der DVI-Datei nötig sind. Ihr Dokument ist möglicherweise nicht lesbar.

Wolfgang

Unfortunately nobody told IEEE.  To submit to conferences they require .dvi and graphics in .eps files.  So this still needs to work.