On 8/20/22 14:06, Rich Shepard wrote:
I have a .tex file designed for a4 paper and a font family I don't have (and don't want) that I want to convert to letterpaper (done) and my lyx default
typeface. Or, another appropriate typeface found in a .lyx file.

Looking at one of my .lyx files I see:
\font_roman "default" "default"
\font_sans "default" "default"
\font_typewriter "default" "default"
\font_math "auto" "auto"
\font_default_family default

which doesn't help.

The entire roastlog.tex file is attached (and, of course, available for use
by any other home coffee roaster.)

Please suggest a type face to replace the Museo Slab 300.

Regards,

Rich

Rich,

I can't do much with your .tex file for a variety of reasons (including the fact that the graphic files were not included, but mostly due to my not using xetex, luatex or several of the more "exotic" packages involved). That said, you might try the following: (a) import the file into LyX using File > Import > LaTeX (plain) ...; (b) use Document > Settings... > Fonts to adjust as needed (you might want to uncheck the "Use non-TeX fonts" option); (c) remove or comment out the \DefaultFontFeatures command in the preamble if it gives you trouble; (d) compile and see if you get something you like. If you get something you don't like, try futzing with the font selections. If you don't get anything, you're on your own. :-)

Paul