On 9/14/22 13:16, Csikos Bela wrote:
Hello:

I have an old document I made in lyx 2.0. Lyx 2.3.6.1 opens is but interprets the code incorrectly and gives compilation error:

In lyx 2.0 the latex code is:

\selectlanguage{magyar}%
\begin{enumerate}[nosep]
\inputencoding{latin2}%
\item Első item.\inputencoding{latin9}\foreignlanguage{english}{}\\
\foreignlanguage{english}{First item. }\selectlanguage{english}%
\end{enumerate}

Opening the file in lyx 2.3.6.1 latex code is:

\selectlanguage{magyar}%
\begin{enumerate}[\foreignlanguage{english}{nosep}]
\inputencoding{latin2}%
\item Első item.\inputencoding{latin9}\foreignlanguage{english}{}\\
\foreignlanguage{english}{First item. }\selectlanguage{english}%
\end{enumerate}

How can I convert or open my lyx 2.0 document in lyx 2.3 so that it would work correctly?

I attach the the lyx 2.0 file (MWE).

Thanks,

bcsikos

The problem seems to be that the "nosep" option for the enumeration is in the wrong place. It might be getting crosswise with the language changes. I got it to compile as follows.

1. I removed the magyar option from the line in the preamble that loads
   babel. This may not be necessary for you, but on my system "magyar"
   is not recognized by babel as a language name.
2. I deleted the "enumerate options" inset.
3. I put the cursor at the start of item 1 and hit enter, temporarily
   changing the text to item 2.
4. In the new (empty) item 1 (which has reverted to English), I used
   Insert > Enumerate Options to add back the "nosep" option, then put
   the cursor after the inset and hit delete to bring the original text
   back to item 1.

HTH,

Paul