On 9/14/22 13:16, Csikos Bela wrote:Hello:I have an old document I made in lyx
2.0. Lyx 2.3.6.1 opens
        is but interprets the code incorrectly and gives compilation
        error:In lyx 2.0 the latex code
is:\selectlanguage{magyar}%\begin{enumerate}[nosep]\inputencoding{latin2}%\item
Első

item.\inputencoding{latin9}\foreignlanguage{english}{}\\\foreignlanguage{english}{First
 item.
        }\selectlanguage{english}%\end{enumerate}Opening the file in lyx
2.3.6.1 latex code
is:\selectlanguage{magyar}%\begin{enumerate}[\foreignlanguage{english}{nosep}]\inputencoding{latin2}%\item
 Első

item.\inputencoding{latin9}\foreignlanguage{english}{}\\\foreignlanguage{english}{First
 item.
        }\selectlanguage{english}%\end{enumerate}How can I convert or open my
lyx 2.0 document in lyx 2.3 so
        that it would work correctly?I attach the the lyx 2.0 file
(MWE).Thanks,bcsikosThe problem seems to be that the "nosep" option for the
enumeration
    is in the wrong place. It might be getting crosswise with the
    language changes. I got it to compile as follows.I removed the magyar
option from the line in the preamble that
        loads babel. This may not be necessary for you, but on my system
        "magyar" is not recognized by babel as a language name.I deleted the
"enumerate options" inset.I put the cursor at the start of item 1 and hit enter,
        temporarily changing the text to item 2.In the new (empty) item 1
(which has reverted to English), I
        used Insert > Enumerate Options to add back the "nosep"
        option, then put the cursor after the inset and hit delete to
        bring the original text back to item 1.HTH,PaulHello:Adding an option
to enumitem in lyx 2.3.6. doesn't work if the list item has different language
than the previous text. It works in lyx 2.0.6. It is a regression. I attach
lyx, exported latex and compiled pdf files created with lyx 2.0.6 and
2.3.6.1.bcsikos

%% LyX 2.0.6 created this file.  For more info, see http://www.lyx.org/.
%% Do not edit unless you really know what you are doing.
\documentclass[ngerman,english]{article}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[latin9]{inputenc}

\makeatletter
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% Textclass specific LaTeX commands.
\usepackage{enumitem}		% customizable list environments
\newlength{\lyxlabelwidth}      % auxiliary length

\makeatother

\usepackage{babel}
\begin{document}
Lyx 2.0.6 customizble items (enumitem)

Normal list:
\selectlanguage{ngerman}%
\begin{enumerate}
\item Normal list, item 1
\item Normal list, item 2
\item Normal list, item 3
\end{enumerate}
\selectlanguage{english}%
List with nosep option:
\selectlanguage{ngerman}%
\begin{enumerate}[nosep]
\item List with nosep, item 1
\item List with nosep, item 2
\item List with nosep, item 3\selectlanguage{english}%
\end{enumerate}

\end{document}

%% LyX 2.3.6.1 created this file.  For more info, see http://www.lyx.org/.
%% Do not edit unless you really know what you are doing.
\documentclass[ngerman,english]{article}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[latin9]{inputenc}
\usepackage{enumitem}

\makeatletter
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% Textclass specific LaTeX commands.
\newlength{\lyxlabelwidth}      % auxiliary length

\makeatother

\usepackage{babel}
\begin{document}
Lyx 2.3.6.1 customizable lists (enumitem)

Normal list:
\selectlanguage{ngerman}%
\begin{enumerate}
\item Normal list, item 1