> On 26 Nov 2022, at 7:08 am, Stephan Witt <st.w...@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> Am 25.11.2022 um 18:50 schrieb José Matos <jaoma...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> On Wed, 2022-11-23 at 11:36 +1100, Gordon Watson via lyx-users wrote:
>>> gordonwatson@iMac ~ % python3
>>> xcrun: error: invalid active developer path
>>> (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at:
>>> /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun
>>
>> This line shows that there is a problem with python3 installation.
>
> Yes, this is what I „googled“ and wrote him in private mail communication:

And this is what I did:

Last login: Wed Nov 23 09:38:10 on ttys000
gordonwatson@iMac ~ % xcode-select --install
xcode-select: note: install requested for command line developer tools
gordonwatson@iMac ~ %
  [Restored 26 Nov 2022 at 7:35:54 am]
Last login: Sat Nov 26 07:35:43 on console
Restored session: Sat 26 Nov 2022 07:32:56 AEDT
gordonwatson@iMac ~ % python3
Python 3.9.6 (default, Sep 26 2022, 11:37:49)
[Clang 14.0.0 (clang-1400.0.29.202)] on darwin
>>> help
Type help() for interactive help, or help(object) for help about object.
>>> help(btr19.lyx)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'btr19' is not defined

Ignoring this last line, I search for BTR19.lyx on my Mac. It appears in the
search results. I single-click. It opens. I smile!

Thanks to all who helped, espec. Stephan and Roger. For my smile grows stronger
as I continue to test successfully over the past 10 years!