Hi, I have just upgraded to Debian 12 and find Lyx will not load.  In addition,
trying to load it seems to crash xorg, so the only way out is to reboot.  I was
going to post the slew of error messages from the terminal, but as soon as I
opened Claws the display became unusable.  Moving the cursor led to a broad
black line across the display, and clicking no longer worked.

I have tried starting Lyx from the terminal as a different user, and I get this:

[different user]:~$ lyx
qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even
though it was found. This application failed to start because no Qt
platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may
fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl,
offscreen, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, wayland-xcomposite-egl,
wayland-xcomposite-glx, xcb.

I have checked, and xcb is installed.

Any suggestions?  Should I try to revert to an earlier version, which worked
just fine under Debian 11, and if so how would one do that?  I have tried
reinstalling as suggested above, but it makes no difference.

What happens on launch is that a large window with no borders comes up.  The
Lyx starting logo is in the middle.  But there is no toolbar, neither right nor
left clicks work either.

This is Debian 12 with fluxbox.

Any help gratefully received.  I can try running debug if anyone knows what
flags to use and what to look for.

Peter