Scott,

Sorry to trouble you again. As mentioned below, downgrading to 2.3.0 fixes my
slow cursor speed issue. It however does present the new problem of no being
able to edit files I have written since. Specifically I get this error message
now:

filepath.lyx is from a newer version of LyX and the lyx2lyx script failed to
convert it.

Is there a straightforward workaround?

Thank you

Tim