On 1/2/24 12:15, Rich Shepard wrote:
I'm puzzled. In a document I display a series using \rightarrow to separate the components. When I compile the document it displays as in the attached mwe2.lyx file. When the string is by itself (mwe.lyx) it displays properly.

I suspect it's a matter of spacing but I haven't figured out where.

Help's needed.

TIA,

Rich

Neither displays correctly for me. The issue is that you are inserting the arrow as LaTeX without invoking math mode (at least in mwe2; in mwe it's not even LaTeX). So the compiler guesses where to begin and end math mode, and it does not guess correctly. (Quoth the LaTeX log: "I've inserted a begin-math/end-math symbol since I think

you left one out. Proceed, with fingers crossed.")

The simple fix is to insert the arrows using math model (ctrl-M), as in the attached version of your second example.

Paul