EagleIce wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I need to put some music notation in a book document layout. I have tried to
> convert picture files (bmp,jpg f.ex.) to eps but that doesn't work at all,
> some bar lines dissappear etc.
> What is the best way to do this for example if the sheets are in dvi, ps or
> pdf format (made by Lilypond)?

Hey well!
I thought i was the only one including music in LyX-Documents...

I always include the resulting TeX-Files from lilypond inside a float as
input (set linewidth in the ly-file to something according to your
document) or in the text (for short stuff like chords or motifs) with
linewidth=-1
BTW: Check out lilypond 1.4.2! it's marvellous ;-)

If you have really much music in the book, consider using lilypond-book
(I'd be very interested in getting a lyx-layout file for it...).

Have fun*

Niklas